Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Jedediah - Stuck in Rough Surf

Jedediah Paulson - Rough Surf
Jedediah Paulson - stuck in rough surf
The winds were blowing hard and surf conditions had diminished to zilch.  I looked down at the gash running along my leg.   This was not good.  Too rough to get a helicopter out here, I was going to need to try to swim.   I had tied my surf leash around my thigh, in an effort to stem the bleeding.  I was okay with loosing the leg, survival was my primary goal.

Suddenly, I heard a shout from the cliffs above.  It was Jim, and in his hands was a rough rope which he was lowering towards me.   As the rope neared the rocks where I was resting, I grabbed ahold.  Jim had tied a not that I looped around my body and gave him the thumbs up.

Jim saw my approval, and up I went. 

Jedediah Paulson - Rock Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment